Monday, February 2, 2009

Catching Up

Well, since I've not blogged in a while I do have a few things I've been working on. For starters, I made some cookies weekend before last. I actually got the recipe from the back of the bag of Nestle's peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels. Afterward, I got to use my cute new cookie jar that I bought on clearance at Walmart after the holidays :) It was for peanut butter and milk chocolate morsel cookies and here is it:

Original Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsel Cookies

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes ; remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies.



I have gotten a lot of knitting done as well. I am on my last repeat of Chart C. After that, all I have left is pretty much the edging. I swear, once I'm done with this shawl I don't want to look at this yarn anymore. I will be steering clear of lace projects for a while too. I won't be posting pictures of the shawl until I am done though. I think it's good motivation to have to wait. Also, It just looks like a blue blob right now on the needles.

Can I just stop for a minute and say how happy I am? Let me explain that I am originally from new york city where the winters are snowy and beautiful (and a bit slushy). Ever since I moved to West Virginia, I have been patiently waiting for a good snow storm. All I have gotten is snow that melts at the mere idea or sunlight, until now. I wished for snow this year and I finally got some. Sure it wasn't the blizzard I really was hoping for but I think I can make do for now. I still hope we get more, More, MORE! The first picture is the view of the hillside from my job and the rest are at my apartments.



No comments:

Post a Comment