Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
1. Catwoman: The Life & Times of a Feline Fatale Special Edition
2. The Memory's Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
4. 1984 by George Orwell
5. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
6. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquirel
7. Robert Frost's Poems
8. Pet Cementary by Stephen King
9. A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
10. Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter Almanac
11. Kurt Cobain Journals
12. Archaeology Treasures by Alberto Siliotti
13. War Letters by Andrew Carroll
14. A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve
15. A Art of Alfred Hitchcock
16. Daredevil Elektra
17. Black Hole by Charles Burns
18. Tales of Beedle Bard by J.K. Rowlings
19. Free Range Knitter by Stephanie Pearl McPhee
20. Mind Over Matters by Mike Nelson
21. Death Rat by Mike Nelson
22. Movie Mega Cheese by Mike Nelson
25. Into the Wild
26. Great Expectations
27. Locke & Key Welcome to Love Craft
28. Fall of the House of Usher & other tales by Edgar Allan Poe
29. Things I Learned from Knitting... whether I wanted to or not by Stephanie Pearl McPhee
30. Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
31. Skinny Bitch by Kim Barnouin and Rory Freedman
32. My Lobotomy by Howard Dully and Charles Fleming
33. The Knitter's Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes
34. Speeches That Changed the World: The Stories and Transcripts of the Moments That Made History
If you can think of anything I should add to my queue, please leave me a comment. I'm always looking for good books to read :)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Places to see before I die...
1. MachuPicchu, Peru. Definitely a spiritual place. To think it was all done by hand without mortar by the Incas centuries ago. For what purpose? All we can do is guess, using the evidence that is left behind.
2. Rain forest in Costa Rica. So many different species of animals and plants. It just be breathtaking.
3. Wilderness in Alaska. I imagine this place to be very humbling. Just nature and yourself.
4. Paris, France. Home of so many great paintings and sculptures in the Louvre.
5. More Colombia. My parents were born and raised there, so now I want to see they place that made them who they are, contributing to who I am.
6. Ireland. I think it seems like a wonderful place to live.
7. Mexico. Beautiful, colorful culture full of history, Tequila, beaches and historical landmarks.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
10 Things You're Really Good At
1. Speaking spanish (Thanks mom and dad!).
2. Organizing. (I am definitely a neat freak.)
3. Keeping my word.
4. Acting silly.
7. Being relentless.
10. Find the bright side of a bad situation :)
Monday, January 12, 2009
I saw this video (Lucky- Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat) one morning while getting ready for work. Just made me realize how much I need a vacation. How great it would be to just get away from all responsibilities and obligations. Miles away eating brunch and taking in the scenery and the people I would be surrounded by. I guess that's why I continue to pay down and save up. So many places to visit... Alaska, Parque de Tayrona, Colombia and Paris, France.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
10 Things You Want to do in 2009
1. Learn how to spin with a drop spindle.
2. Continue practicing yoga.
3. Learn how to dye yarn.
4. Get my driver's license.
5. Purchase a Prius or at least get closer to my goal of buying my own car on my own.
6. Doing some serious organizing in the apartment and hopefully throwing out junk in the process.
7. Grow herbs.
8. Read more.
9. Learn how to do cables.
10. Pay off a few debts.