Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Well I hope everyone out there had a great holiday. I must say this Christmas I wasn't really wanting anything in particular but my boyfriend, Paul has come through once again. I helped him out with some links to websites that I am usually window shopping at but he came up with some wonderful things. He got me these beautiful Uggs...





As well as the Pick Up Sticks sushi wallet kit in red and the felted snug boots kit in Sand and Seafoam. He did a wonderful job picking out beautiful clothing (which included awesome t-shirts and cashmere sweater). He also got me dvds, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, amazing diamond earrings, necklace and a watch. He also got me a bunch of books. Here's a picture of the stack (the top three are the ones I got my boyfriend who is a huge Mystery Science Theatre 3000 fan):


Last night I read "Y: the Last Man" Book One Deluxe Edition and it is such a great graphic novel. Writer Brian K. Vaughan and penciler Pia Guerra come together to create a amazing story where a mysterious plague wipes out all mammals on the planet with the Y chromosome except for Yorrick Brown and his pet Capuchin monkey Ampersand. I can't wait to get Book Two. I highly recommend this novel to anyone out there that enjoys graphic novels. It was also a nice surprise to see that Agent 355 who is Yorrick's bodyguard is knitting in the book. I was also reading Pia's blog and she is also working on a Doctor Who comic book. I can't wait to get my hands on that!


Well, that's it for now. Perhaps later on I'll give more review on the other books. I don't have any weekend baking this weekend because I have had enough sweets from my stocking, work and dinner at mom's. I'm still working on my mom's shawl but not enough progress to give it it's own post. Please feel free to leave me comments or suggestions about your knitting, reading, baking or christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment