Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lace, Lace, LACE

I am so excited to announce that I have reached the ankle of my new black lace socks from Knit Picks. I was able to score these in one of their clearance sales for a great price which included three socks patterns along with the yarn needed. This pattern is called Ternion Knee High Socks. I have reached a point in the pattern during one of my jury duty days where I am absolutely confused. I have checked a few forums but no one seems to be confused so I am taking the strategy to let the project rest so that I can come back to it with a fresh mind later. Wish me luck!


For the time being, I have started a new project for the wedding next year. I will be knitting the Matrimonio Bolero with a little something blue.The yarn I have selected is Shibui Cima laceweight. I am very excited to work on this especially as I keep up with Homeland and Alias this fall.


I am also very happy to announce that I finally got the opportunity to go back to Colombia within this past month. It was wonderful to get to visit family after over a decade of not visiting. Also, my heart almost exploded with joy when I stumbled upon the Botero museum, ate delicious food, saw heavenly mountaintops that reached up to the heavens and was able to lay down in a hammock and simply read a book. I cannot wait to go back and see even more.


I am also very excited to say that I was able to go to my first Mets game ever which was also my first baseball game as well. It was so much fun and am frankly a little sad that I have waited so long. Now that there is a Shake Shack in the stadium, it's over. Their 'shroom burgers are to die for.



No comments:

Post a Comment