Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Road Trip Vacation



Paul, his dad and I got to hit the road the first weekend of our trip. We headed east for North Carolina to see the Outer Banks. I was so happy to get out of the everyday monotony. On the North side of the island the beach was lined with beautiful houses for rent. They obstructed the view to the beach but I still found them charming. We didn't stay in one of them since they were probably extremely expensive and we'd rather save our money. It's nice to stay at if you have a large family or several families to house during the vacation. We choose to stay at the local Comfort Inn which was right on the beach, it allowed dad and I to go for a walk on the beach at night to pick up some seashells and in the morning we all gathered up to see the sunrise and get in the water. It was very clean and clear with minimal sharp objects to step on. We even got to see dolphins swimming on the deeper end of the water, fish jumping out of the water and seagulls fishing for their breakfast. It was breath taking at times. We also got to visit three of the four lighthouses on the islands. One got closed when we got to it for half an hour because of thunder, another was unsafe to climb and the last was closed by the time we got to visit it. Dad and I were wanting to climb them but we just didn't have any luck. Perhaps some other time. On the way back home, we stopped by Tamarack which is a store which sells hand made items by West Virginians, where I purchased a hand made bowl. It's so beautiful, I think I'm going to put my nice yarns in it. Click on the lighthouse to see the pictures from our road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment