Monday, March 20, 2017

Surprise!

Hello there. It's been a while since we last chatted. 

The last time I posted, I had recently gotten married and had decided to start laying down some roots. All has been going well. Marriage has been a fun and interesting ride. I don't think I have been married long enough to sit here and give any wise old tips. We will skip over that. New career paths have formed and I have been successful with the decisions I have made which I'm glad about. I even set a goal for myself to win the Sales Excellence prize and even won it this year! I won us a trip to Monaco but unfortunately I will not be able to attend. You see, something wonderful has occurred. We are now expecting our first baby. 

Surprise!

Yes, how exciting! I cannot wait to meet this little being that I have felt grow and nurtured for the past few months. Just about everything is ready (or as ready as it can be). I truly cannot believe that we are days away now. 

What can I tell you about this journey?

First of all, it's intimidating. Knowing that you are going to carry around a life so tiny and fragile. Everyone has questions and opinions. Some of them are outdated and full of superstition which can be frustrating at times. At times, I want to tell people to keep their comments to themselves but I know it is coming from a good place. They all mean well even if you do not like it.

Second, it's such a fun experience. Please note that this is coming from someone that has had a wonderful pregnancy. If you are not, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to rub it in here. I have not had morning sickness, strange cravings or gain a bunch of weight. My feet have only been swollen once and they went down within a few hours. I have had hip pain but that is to be expected. It has not turned into back or leg pain, fortunately. Being pregnant feels incredibly natural. I know parents always say all these cheesy things but I kind of get it. Nothing has felt so natural and real in my life. Nothing like this. It's like it's what I was meant to do. Raise this little being, help them grow and soon enough, bring them into this world. Perhaps the birthing part is where the fun ends? We shall see.

Third, I will tell you one thing that no one warns you about. I hate to be negative but the cramps. My God, the cramps. No one warned me about this. My pelvis was in severe pain at the beginning of the second trimester. I was doing a Couch to 5K challenge in order to be healthier and attempt to become a runner. After week 6, I had to stop. It felt like my pelvis was being ripped in two. Also, I had horrible charlie horse cramps in my calf while I slept and I would wake up screaming and crying. Let's say, the hubby knows how to keep cool under this kind of pressure when I wake him up in the middle of the night. I have trained him well. 

While I'm on the subject of the hubs, I have to say. He has been incredible. He has taken good care of me throughout this journey and I am forever grateful. 

I hope to post a bit more before the baby arrives. I usually have the best of intentions. I hope to be able to help them come to fruition. Perhaps a post about our Peru trip if I haven't already, a few knitting updates as well as a product review as an expecting mother.

Until next time, tata!


No comments:

Post a Comment