Monday, April 13, 2009

What I did on my vacation


I actually began my vacation with a road trip but I have yet to get all my pictures and thoughts organized so I'm going to make that a separate post. As to the rest of my vacation after the road trip with Paul and his dad which was filled with breath taking scenery, I got the bird feeder filled up along with the suet cakes out. The birds were flocking to them to get food all week long and the Cherry tree was blooming right outside my apartment spreading it's fragrant smell all around. The whole week was so relaxing. We just sat back and enjoyed each other's company. I couldn't have asked for anything better.


I finally finished my pencil holder! I'm so happy with it. I found the instructions for it on this blog. I accidentally made it an inch taller than specified so some sections I stuffed with paper in order for the pencils and pens to sit up higher on. Paul asked me if I was going to paint it which reminded me that I had some paint sitting around somewhere around here and in the process I found my gold glitter from glittering pumpkins around Halloween. The light bulb turned on. I glittered the whole thing and gave it a coat of glossy Mod Podge to stop the glitter from leaving a little trail everywhere the holder is set. I think it turned out pretty neat looking.


In one of my recent trips to Michael's, I found a bunch of Craft magazine which I snatched up quickly. One of them was focused on weaving and had a small paper loom. I wish I had one of those huge looms to make beautiful blankets with, but I figured I had to start somewhere and what better to start with than a free paper loom. So here is my poor attempt. It's a bit more difficult to hold and weave as the article describes but I'll continue to give it a honest try.


Knit Picks Big Snugs in the sea foam color. This is my next knitting project.

Here's some of what I cooked and baked during my vacation:

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
I also made Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies but I only had a 9" pan when it called for a 8" so they didn't come out looking too good even though they tasted just fine. I didn't take pictures since they weren't up to par.

No comments:

Post a Comment